Fort Lauderdale Attorney Making His Mark on Florida Personal Injury Law
Scott Newmark is senior partner and head of litigation at Carner, Newmark & Cohen, LLP, where he focuses his practice on all aspects of personal injury law, including medical malpractice and wrongful death, in Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Miami and throughout south Florida. In his nearly 30 years in the practice of law, Mr. Newmark has obtained significant results for his clients injured by the negligence or misconduct of others, including numerous multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts.
Through his work in trials and appeals in many Florida courts, Mr. Newmark has been responsible in whole or in part for developing a wide body of case law which has had a significant impact on the field of personal injury law. Some of his most notable contributions have involved questions regarding expert witness testimony in medical malpractice cases, wrongful death, vicarious liability, nonbinding arbitration, the statute of limitations, and Florida’s Constitutional Amendment 7, the Patient’s Right to Know Amendment.
- J.D., Cum Laude, University of Miami School of Law
- B.A., Cum Laude, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- The Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Supreme Court of the United States of America
- The Florida Bar
- Broward County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Justice Association
- South Broward Bar Association
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce